The mission of Great Promise for American Indians is to preserve the traditions, heritage and culture of American Indians, and to support the health and education needs of their youth and families. We do this to honor the past, and to ensure the future.
We will achieve this mission by:
- supporting programs that preserve the traditions, heritage and culture of all American Indian people;
- dispelling myths about American Indians, and educating the public about American Indians and their many cultures;
- sponsoring and conducting the annual Austin Powwow and American Indian Heritage Festival;
- supporting and promoting the activities of the Native American Parents Committee;
- supporting the health and education needs of American Indian youth and their families; and,
- networking with other groups and organizations that share our goals and values.